Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP zbook studio G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm using my laptop adapter (150watt) but connecting the ground wire to nothing , in Egypt there is no ground system for homes, so our electricity is only +220volt and neutral wire,is it safe to use the adapter like that?

when i put my adapter in the socket, i see a spark, and when removing it i see another spark so is it still safe?

otherwise its working fine but am worried.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In principle, it is recommended to use a power supply environment with a ground wire.
There may be some abnormalities in a power supply environment without a ground wire, such as numbness when touching the metal shell, and abnormal response of the touchpad and touchscreen.
Only the 220V power supply of live wire and neutral wire, in most cases, the laptop can be used.

For more information, please refer to
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04925079
13 Electrostatic Discharge
Electrostatic discharge is the release of static electricity when two objects come into contact—for example,
the shock you receive when you walk across the carpet and touch a metal door knob.
A discharge of static electricity from fingers or other electrostatic conductors may damage electronic components.
To prevent damage to the computer, damage to a drive, or loss of information, observe these precautions:
● If removal or installation instructions direct you to unplug the computer, first be sure that it is properly grounded.
● Keep components in their electrostatic-safe containers until you are ready to install them.
● Avoid touching pins, leads, and circuitry. Handle electronic components as little as possible.
● Use nonmagnetic tools.
● Before handling components, discharge static electricity by touching an unpainted metal surface.
● If you remove a component, place it in an electrostatic-safe container.
For spark problems, you can replace a better quality power strip with a switch, first plug in the power plug, then turn on the switch; turn off the switch first, and then unplug the power plug.

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
my english is broken
the meaning may not be accurate
◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
HP Recommended

I'm a senior electrical engineer, i will be graduated next year, i made a switch already in the path of the input of the charger, but I'm seeing the the spark inside the switch while turning it on and off but its still safe to use?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.