Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One 27-d0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought this desktop all in one with16 gig ram. Booklet says it can go up to 32. No one at HP seems to know. Will it or wont it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

According to the information you posted,  you should be able to install 2 x 16 GB of memory. 

The Crucial memory report link I provided also indicates the max memory is 32 GB.

That model has similar specs as yours. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your PC indicate the max memory is 2 x 8 GB (found under the motherboard specs link).

HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0072 Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

If you have read someplace that you can install 2 x 16 GB of memory, you can do this to confirm...

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator. This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacity and hit enter. There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

If the report shows you can install 2 x 16 GB of memory, this memory should work in your model...

Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 SODIMM | CT2K16G4SFRA32A | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

C:\Users\peter>wmic memphysical get maxcapacity
MaxCapacity

so is it  max at 16 or 32 gig

and thanks for the help all you guys

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

According to the information you posted,  you should be able to install 2 x 16 GB of memory. 

The Crucial memory report link I provided also indicates the max memory is 32 GB.

That model has similar specs as yours. 

HP Recommended

Great, HOW can you upgrade the machine. I can only remove the (speaker) front. Is there a guide or something?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hi:

I believe that this is the service manual for your model PC...

Upgrading and Servicing Guide (EMEA with shipping label) (hp.com)

You can also see if this video helps.  It is for a different model series, it kind of looks the same

There isn't a video for yours.

Removing & Replacing Parts | HP Pavilion 27-a000 AiO PC (Touch) | HP Computer Service | @HPSupport -...

HP Recommended

Ah, I see! Thank you very much for your fast reply.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I hope you are able to open it up and install the memory.

Those all in one PC's look very difficult to work on.

HP Recommended

Well I worked with these types several years now. You need a good set of plastic priers, guitar picks also work well, and a lot of patience. Never use force as things snap easily resulting in ill fitting casings or worse.

HP Recommended

This  is what I got for Paul_ Tikkanens statement.

MaxCapacity

Apparently it will run 43 gigs?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.