Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14 Laptop PC 14-f2000 (4X5B5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

For this type of laptop, what is the maximum RAM capacity that can be upgraded? Some say 16 gb some say 32 gb, which one is correct?

My laptop is 14s-fq2002au ryzen 5-5625U

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Best to play it safe and install 2 x 8 GB of memory if that is what the Windows report is telling you.

Even the Crucial memory report is indicating 16 GB is the max.

HP - Compaq HP 14-F2000 | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

I'm pretty surprised by that, but I wouldn't risk wasting any money on going higher than that.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP only has the service manual for the older model series 14s-fq0xxx on your notebook's support page.

HP 14 Laptop PC 14-f2000 (4X5B5AV) Manuals | HP® Customer Support

According to chapter 1 of the manual the max memory is 2 x 8 GB.

Since your notebook has a newer processor than those listed in the manual, the best way to determine how much memory your notebook can actually support would be to do this:

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator.

This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and hit enter.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

I'm pretty sure you will find that it supports 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-3200 memory.

HP Recommended

Thank you, the help was really helpful! I've tried it on cmd and the results are 16GB after I convert it to GB, so I can only upgrade to 16GB, right? but do you think it's sure that it can be upgraded up to 32, so should I just follow the 16GB one or can I follow you with the 32GB one?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Best to play it safe and install 2 x 8 GB of memory if that is what the Windows report is telling you.

Even the Crucial memory report is indicating 16 GB is the max.

HP - Compaq HP 14-F2000 | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

I'm pretty surprised by that, but I wouldn't risk wasting any money on going higher than that.

HP Recommended

Ok this seems very clear, some time ago I tried to look for the crucial hp 14s f200 but couldn't find it, and apparently you found it

and also it seems that "hp" hasn't updated the manual to a newer one, I read and the processor specs are different

thank you very much

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.