Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-dw1008ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Memory, standard: 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

Hello,

My name is rohit
I am using HP Notebook - 15-dw1008ca laptop, (2666 SDRAM current)
I wants to upgrade RAM with high megahertz than current megahertz is that possible?
IF yes how do i?
Specs.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Anonymous 

Normally yes, machine will accept new compatible, higher speed RAM. But what for ? Machine will run at its supported speed (in this case 2666MHz) ?

Is new RAM cheaper ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

For higher performance of speed i wants to upgrade my RAM or HDD (1TB 54000 RPM SATA to SSD)
but as you said it will run as supported speed(2666MHz) even if upgrade to 3000MHz, right?

also i wanted to check type of HDD m2 or else, thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.