Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 17-cn1053cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I am upgrading my HP 17-cn1053cl from 5400 rpm spindle drive to a SSD and I see I need to install the sp111776 Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for the SSD or M.2 Drivers to work. The only directions I can find are for a new install of windows 10 or 11. I would like to add the driver to my loaded OS of Windows 10 Pro and clone the whole thing over to new SSD if possible or do I need to do a fresh install of Windows? Thank

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you plan on cloning the existing drive configuration to the SSD, the storage controller drivers would already be there.

You would find the storage controller driver listed in the device manager under the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers device manager category.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.