Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion AK-112NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me out with my antenna problem.

I'm about to upgrade my laptop network card, i've decided to install "Killer AX1650" wich needs double antenna, while my laptop has only one antenna installed.

I've tried to search for the antenna listed on the manual but i cannot find pretty much.

Can anyone help me find something compatible i could install to get the card work properly?

Waiting for some help i would appreciate so much.

Sorry for my bad english.
Have a nice day.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Antennas (includes wireless antenna cables and transceivers; includes Mylar screw covers) 833120-001

The only exact match I found was crazy expensive. 

This would work:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/MHF4-Laptop-Embedded-Dualband-Antenna-Antenne-WIFI-WLAN-Bluetooth-NGFF-M-2-1...

Just about any laptop wireless antennae kit would work. Does not have to be an exact HP part. But you must be careful and only get the NGFF/M.2 kind. Older mini-pcie cards have a bigger connection nipple on the card and connector on the antennae. The NGFF kind are very small and a bit fragile. Careful popping the connector down onto the nipples on the card. 

This is a major job, by the way so post back if you need any help. 

Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Antennas (includes wireless antenna cables and transceivers; includes Mylar screw covers) 833120-001

The only exact match I found was crazy expensive. 

This would work:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/MHF4-Laptop-Embedded-Dualband-Antenna-Antenne-WIFI-WLAN-Bluetooth-NGFF-M-2-1...

Just about any laptop wireless antennae kit would work. Does not have to be an exact HP part. But you must be careful and only get the NGFF/M.2 kind. Older mini-pcie cards have a bigger connection nipple on the card and connector on the antennae. The NGFF kind are very small and a bit fragile. Careful popping the connector down onto the nipples on the card. 

This is a major job, by the way so post back if you need any help. 

Please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response,

thanks for the hint, i alredy thought to something generic but i wasn't sure about what to buy.

I'll try with couple of those you linked me, and let you know if it worked.

Have a nice day.
HP Recommended

Good morning,

today i received the WiFi board, i've installed it along with the antennas and it works pretty well.

A little appointment for those who are willing to do the same, inside the screen frame there's only one housing for the original antenna. Therefore i've installed one of the antennas in the middle of the back case between the two shieldings, behind the screen. It seems to work. Also you'll need to buy antennas with a 40 cm long cable.

So thanks again for the support.

Have a nice day.
HP Recommended

The shorter ones will work as long as you get them up past the hinges. They can be anchored behind the screen and will provide reception as good as longer cables. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.