Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-N007AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Sir/Madam,

I want to upgrade RAM and Hard Drive (to SSD) in my HP Pavilion 15-N007AX laptop with following details..

I have a 64Bit Windows 10 Installed on my laptop.

Processor - AMD 10-4655 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphic 2.00 GHZ

RAM DDR3 - 1333 MHZ SODIMM PC3L 8GB

please answer my below questions

Related to RAM -

1) I have 2 RAM slots, 1 is used with 8 GB RAM, what is the maximum limit of RAM I can use in my second slot (8/16)?

2) Is it upgradable to 2*8GB RAMs (total 16 GB) ?

3) Can I use any brand DDR3 with 1600 MHz  Or 1333 Mhz

Related to SSD -

1) Is my system support SSD and what is memory size support ? 250GB can be Supported ?

Thanks

Milind Sarang

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@milindns wrote:

Hello Sir/Madam,

I want to upgrade RAM and Hard Drive (to SSD) in my HP Pavilion 15-N007AX laptop with following details..

I have a 64Bit Windows 10 Installed on my laptop.

Processor - AMD 10-4655 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphic 2.00 GHZ

RAM DDR3 - 1333 MHZ SODIMM PC3L 8GB

please answer my below questions

Related to RAM -

1) I have 2 RAM slots, 1 is used with 8 GB RAM, what is the maximum limit of RAM I can use in my second slot (8/16)?

2) Is it upgradable to 2*8GB RAMs (total 16 GB) ?

3) Can I use any brand DDR3 with 1600 MHz  Or 1333 Mhz

Related to SSD -

1) Is my system support SSD and what is memory size support ? 250GB can be Supported ?

Thanks

Milind Sarang

Maximum memory supported is 16 GB. It is recommended to upgrade in pairs of guaranteed compatible memory modules. Adding a module that is not absolutely identical to the one that is installed may result in only one being recognized or the notebook not booting up.

See the web page at the link below for guaranteed compatible upgrades for memory and SSD for your notebook.

https://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/pavilion-15-n007ax

Your version of the notebook supports only SATA SSD products.  You will have to replace the original hard drive with the SATA SSD. Up to a 500 GB SSD is supported.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.