Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-bs005nx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

those are My laptop specifications Which I want to upgrade its RAM from  8GB to 16GB (2*8)

Product name : HP Laptop 15-bs0xx (15-bs005nx)
Product number : 1WA39EA#A2N
Motherboard ID : 832B
RAM : 8GB A-DATA Technology 2133MHz DDR4 SDRAM
spare part number : 862398-855

should i use an additional 8GB RAM 2133MHz or not ? Is it possible 2400MHz  works?WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 12.21.25 AM.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can install a single 8 GB memory module.

It can be 2400 MHz but it will downclock to 2133 MHz, because that is the fastest speed the processor your notebook has can run the memory at.

Here is a link for compatible memory for your model.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/hp-15-bs005nx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.