Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-2159tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I am trying to upgrade my laptop's RAM. I have 3 GB in total now (1 GB and 2 GB in two slots).

BankLabel Capacity MemoryType Speed Tag
BANK 0 1073741824 24 1067 Physical Memory 0
BANK 1 2147483648 24 1067 Physical Memory 1

I would like to upgrade to 8 GB and I am planning 2*4GB sticks.  I see the current speed is 1067 MHZ. Can I get faster RAM speeds or should I buy for the same speed 1067 MHZ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

4 chips is high density memory, and 8 chips is low density memory.

Your notebook needs low density memory.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The memory you want must not exceed PC3-10600 (1333 Mhz), must be 1.5V, not 1.35V, and must have 8 little black memory chips on each side of the circuit board, not 4.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. Can you please help me figure out the difference between 8 little black chips on each side instead of 4?

Is it just better performance or the motherboard does not support the 4 chips on each side designed RAMs?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

4 chips is high density memory, and 8 chips is low density memory.

Your notebook needs low density memory.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, I was just about make the purchase when I thought I should first confirm with you before I make the purchase.

Can you please confirm this product is compatible for my laptop model?

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9-1333mhz-PC3-10666-204-pin/dp/B002YUF8ZG/ref=sr_1_3?...

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that memory should work, but I know this memory will work...

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231342

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.