Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys!

I've kinda asked this before, but I forgot completely about it and lost track of this.

I got my HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx gem cut, with 8GB Ram, and I might have to upgrade it later.

Crucial said I could, but I read it is solderd ram and this can't be upgraded.

Currently both ram slots are used with a 4GB Micron 2800 MHz ram stick.

Hope you can help me.

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As long as you are willing to pay for them to do it, I don't see any problem with it.

You can show them the applicable parts of the service manual where it clearly indicates the memory can be removed and replaced.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates that your notebook has two memory slots and each slot can take an 8 GB memory module.

Maintenance and Service Guide HP Spectre x360 15 Convertible PCIMPORTANT! This document is intended ...

Chapter 5 of the manual has the memory removal and replacement procedure.

You would want to use DDR4-3200 memory, nothing slower.

HP Recommended

Hey

But I have been informed that the ram is solderd, so it can not be upgraded. How does that work then?

I have read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/spectrex360/comments/a47v8b/anyone_opened_up_the_15_inch_gemcut_1050ti/ 

Kind regards

HP Recommended

You're going to have to open it up and see for yourself.

The manual clearly indicates the memory can be removed and replaced in chapter 5.

If you look at the picture in chapter 5, page 33, there is a metal shield that covers the memory, so if someone just takes a casual look at the inside of the notebook, they will not see any exposed memory, and will probably assume it can't be upgraded.

HP Recommended

Thank you (sorry for the late reply)

Would you suggest it to be alright for my local computer store to do this? Since it looks like something hard. (And they actually told me at purchase it couldn't be upgraded)

Kind regards

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As long as you are willing to pay for them to do it, I don't see any problem with it.

You can show them the applicable parts of the service manual where it clearly indicates the memory can be removed and replaced.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the info sir! Sadly in 2021 8GB ram is the old 4GB ram. Lol - time for an ugprade.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I agree with you 100%...8 GB is now the new minimum to have decent performance on W10.

Better to have 16 GB for some wiggle room.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.