Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-ce022nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I have an HP OMEN 15-ce022nf.

1.What type of DDR4 ram model I should look at to upgrade?

Is the any options to add a 3rd internal SSD ? Extra Slot perhaps?

Can I replace the 2nd HDD 7200rpm with an SSD (normal) .

The existing SSD (128gb) is what type?

I would like to upgrade that too and add may be 250gb or more.

Any suggestions with model name would much appreciated. 

Finally, how can I install xindoWi after all that? The recovery partition?

Thank you so much.

Sourov.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual

The great thing about your Omen is that servicing memory and hard drive and SSD is allowed 100% to the end user with no fear of warranty issues. Likely also true on other models but in your case HP says so in so many words. See pages 31-34 for what you can do as "Customer Self-Repair". 

Memory is DDR4-2666. You have a single 8 gig module and an open slot. You could install up to 32 gigs (2 x 16 gig modules) but you will be getting more for your money and have plenty of memory if you just add one of these type of 8 gig modules to have 16 in total:

Memory module (DDR4, 2666-Mhz)
8 GB   937236-850

Inside the laptop now you have a 2.5 inch 7200 rpm hard drive which can be replaced by a 2.5 inch  SATA SSD as a straightup replacement.

Your 128 gig SSD is one of the new "gumstick" type "M.2" SSD disks. You can install the latest and greatest and fastest kind called NVME. Like this:

There is no space inside the laptop for any kind of third storage disk...not even by using a DVD drive caddy. This is what it looks like in there:

M.2 slot circled in redM.2 slot circled in red

You can plainly see the M.2 "gumstick" slot, the hard drive and the RAM slots in the above picture. 

Many ways to reinstall Windows 10. Your license is basically saved in the BIOS so you need no Key Code as in prior versions of Windows and there is a site called "Media Creation Tool" where you download a copy of Windows 10 for reinstallation for free. HP also has an app installed that will let you make a bootable thumb drive that will restore the original factory image onto a new blank drive or we can help you to "clone" from your existing drives to a new drive. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual

The great thing about your Omen is that servicing memory and hard drive and SSD is allowed 100% to the end user with no fear of warranty issues. Likely also true on other models but in your case HP says so in so many words. See pages 31-34 for what you can do as "Customer Self-Repair". 

Memory is DDR4-2666. You have a single 8 gig module and an open slot. You could install up to 32 gigs (2 x 16 gig modules) but you will be getting more for your money and have plenty of memory if you just add one of these type of 8 gig modules to have 16 in total:

Memory module (DDR4, 2666-Mhz)
8 GB   937236-850

Inside the laptop now you have a 2.5 inch 7200 rpm hard drive which can be replaced by a 2.5 inch  SATA SSD as a straightup replacement.

Your 128 gig SSD is one of the new "gumstick" type "M.2" SSD disks. You can install the latest and greatest and fastest kind called NVME. Like this:

There is no space inside the laptop for any kind of third storage disk...not even by using a DVD drive caddy. This is what it looks like in there:

M.2 slot circled in redM.2 slot circled in red

You can plainly see the M.2 "gumstick" slot, the hard drive and the RAM slots in the above picture. 

Many ways to reinstall Windows 10. Your license is basically saved in the BIOS so you need no Key Code as in prior versions of Windows and there is a site called "Media Creation Tool" where you download a copy of Windows 10 for reinstallation for free. HP also has an app installed that will let you make a bootable thumb drive that will restore the original factory image onto a new blank drive or we can help you to "clone" from your existing drives to a new drive. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you kindly for your well organized answar. Just some final question, if I replace the existing HDD 7200rpm then is there any way to use it as an external drive?

Does Kingston and crucial has any of those components available?

Again, thank you.

HP Recommended

Yes its easy to make the original hard drive external with a usb caddy:

https://www.amazon.com/Huluwa-External-Enclosure-Optimized-Support/dp/B071VGXCNS/ref=sr_1_8?keywords...

Kingston and Crucial will have the memory. They also sell NVME M.2 SSDs branded Kingston and Crucial and they are OK but I prefer the Samsung products. 

HP Recommended

Question is how do I reinstall my WINDOWS 10 after?

I have a system recovery partition came with the PC I think.

Merci beaucoup.

HP Recommended

Is this true for 15-dh001nr as well ?

I have been trying to get an answer from sales team. But there answers make no senses.

Also as per https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-15-dh001nr. The 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD drive is secondary storage and it has 1Tb HDD is the primary storage. But i think that's a mistake sales team person said OS would be installed on SSD hence makes it primary not secondary. 

Sales team said it would not be possible because its pre-configured. But I think either they are not understanding what I am asking or HP has started using some special SATA HDD (i doubt this)

I want to replace 1TB SATA HDD with a 2TB SATA SSD (which I already have). Do you think that should be possible ?

HP Recommended

Is this true for 15-dh001nr as well ?

I have been trying to get an answer from sales team. But there answers make no senses.

Also as per https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/omen-by-hp-15-dh001nr. The 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD drive is secondary storage and it has 1Tb HDD is the primary storage. But i think that's a mistake sales team person said OS would be installed on SSD hence makes it primary not secondary. 

Sales team said it would not be possible because its pre-configured. But I think either they are not understanding what I am asking or HP has started using some special SATA HDD (i doubt this)

I want to replace 1TB SATA HDD with a 2TB SATA SSD (which I already have). Do you think that should be possible ?

HP Recommended

Sales team does sales. Of course you can remove the 1 TB HDD and install a 2 TB. Start your own thread and we can walk you through. And yes the OS is on the NVME SSD or there is little point in having it. 

HP Recommended

@nv13 

I saw your other post and it was closed, I've got no idea why.

1. Yes, the specs says HDD and M.2 SSD but actually for Dual storage optopn it is NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD

2. Yes, you can upgrade to 2TB HDD later, why not 2TB 2.5" SSD ?

Manual: (for dh0xxx and dh0xx:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06367430.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Lol that was a typo I do want to switch to a 2TB SSD. I thought I edited it but somehow its still there

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.