Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Companq CQ62-220SA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I hope you can Help me. I downloaded the HP Maintenance and Service Guide Document for my CQ62-220SA as I wish to upgrade my CQ62-220SA Notebook and I wanted to know, "What I could upgrade"  on the HP Compaq CQ62-220SA and it says I can upgrade my CQ62-220SA Notebook Processcor to a Intel Core i5-520M Processor. 

So I bought a new Intel Core i5-520M 2.4GHz SC Turbo Processor and to my Horror the Processor didn't fix my HannStar J MV -4 94v Motherboard and it says in the Maintenance and Service Guide Document that it would fit.

Can you help me resolve my Upgrade Procressor Problem, as I wish to upgrade the Processor and Memory 

Regards Pedro10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Can't recommend anything until I find the manual. The E series I believe are desktop processors. I thinkl I recall from memory that the T4200, and the T4400 were options. Any dual core would be a step up from the Celeron 900.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Well, unfortunately I see the problem. HP has posted the wrong manual on the support page for your model. You have the Celeron 900 processor and your laptop uses DDR2 memory. The manual posted for your model lists models with DDR3 memory and Intel Core 1st gen processors. The processor socket on these models is not the same. Socket 478 vs. 988. Square peg, round hole. Yours is from the Core 2 Duo generation but even on your model the motherboard is defeatured so that your only upgrades are to Pentium Dual (not Core 2 Duo) processors. 

I am actually having quite a bit of trouble finding your Manual. I know I have seen it here before. Your upgrade options on that laptop are extremely limited. 

HP Recommended
Thanks for getting back to me and your help in upgrading my Notebook.
So Could I put a Intel Pentium E5200 or E5800 dual Processor or Could you recommend the best Intel Pentium Dual Processor to upgrade my HP CQ62-22SA as this would help me alot..
I take it, I will just have to use the DDR2 memory and not the DDR3 as the manual says..

Regards
Pedro 10
HP Recommended

Can't recommend anything until I find the manual. The E series I believe are desktop processors. I thinkl I recall from memory that the T4200, and the T4400 were options. Any dual core would be a step up from the Celeron 900.

HP Recommended
Hi Huffed, You have been a great help to me...
Will buy a Intel Pentium Dual Processor for my HP CQ62-220SA tomorrow..
Just one more bit of advice from you...
Can I put a HP Compaq- 15.6 Touch Screen into this Notebook????.......

Kindest Regards
Pedro 10
HP Recommended

No there is no support for such a screen on the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer, Thanks for all your HELP..... Your a genius Sir..... 

My laptop, with your advice is re-build and working Fabulous....  Thank you so kindly.....

P.S Do you know anything on the HP Compaq CQ5222UK DESKTOP's. 

Would like to upgrade my Procressor from a AMD ATHLON Il x2 Processor to something more prowerful.... 

Can you recommend a better Processor for my HP CQ5222UK DESKTOP.... 

HP Recommended

Start a new thread in the Desktop section and you will get access to some Desktop Experts. I know more than enough to be dangerous about desktops but not my first area.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.