Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook - 15-ak005np (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community!

Just need to find if I can  upgrade my Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn on my laptop. I was looking for a 5GHz Wifi and 1000Mbps compatible card, without losing my Bluetooth connections.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook Maintenance and Service Guide

Chapter 3 has the list of supported WiFi adapters.

You will have to open up the notebook and let me know how many antenna wires are connected to the Realtek RTL8723BE wifi adapter currently installed.

If there are two, I can give you a suggested upgrade, but I cannot 100% guarantee it will work.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

If there are two, and you want a guarantee that it will work, then you would be limited to the Intel 3165 AC wifi card with the HP part number listed in chapter 3 of the manual.  You can find the card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number.

The 3165AC card has a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router and an excellent signal.

If there is only one antenna wire, then this is the only wifi card you can upgrade to...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

The card has a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router and an excellent signal.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see some Intel 3165 cards listed on the eBay listings, so don't buy those.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook Maintenance and Service Guide

Chapter 3 has the list of supported WiFi adapters.

You will have to open up the notebook and let me know how many antenna wires are connected to the Realtek RTL8723BE wifi adapter currently installed.

If there are two, I can give you a suggested upgrade, but I cannot 100% guarantee it will work.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005.

If there are two, and you want a guarantee that it will work, then you would be limited to the Intel 3165 AC wifi card with the HP part number listed in chapter 3 of the manual.  You can find the card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number.

The 3165AC card has a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router and an excellent signal.

If there is only one antenna wire, then this is the only wifi card you can upgrade to...

Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11 ac 1x1 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Adapter (MU-MIMO supported) HP part # L17365-005.

The card has a maximum throughput of 433 MBPS on the 5.0 GHz wifi band with an AC router and an excellent signal.

You can find this model on eBay, or Ali Express. 

I see some Intel 3165 cards listed on the eBay listings, so don't buy those.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=L17365-005&_sacat=0&_sop=15

RTL8821CE - Buy RTL8821CE with free shipping on AliExpress

On the Ali Express listings, make sure the card has the HP Part # of 915620-001.

HP Recommended

Seems OP was also asking about the wired ethernet, which cannot be upgraded as it is soldered into the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

I didn't look at the question that way...

All factors in the request were mutually inclusive...a 5 GHz wifi adapter that was also capable of a 1,000 MBPS throughput, and also retains Bluetooth.

That would be the Intel AX 200, which meets all 3 of those specs.

I went on to explain the other cards would not achieve a 1,000 MBPS throughput would be both dual band with Bluetooth.

I don't see any reference to upgrading the ethernet adapter.

HP Recommended

Usually think of 1000 mbps as gigabit ethernet is all. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.