Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Studio G5 Mobile Workstation IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm considering upgrading my RAM. Currently, I have 16 GB of RAM and I'm looking to expand it to 32 GB. However, the RAM model currently installed in my system, Samsung M471A2K43CB1-CTD 1x16GB, is no longer available in local stores in the Netherlands; it's only available for shipping, which incurs significant costs.

I've found a recommendation on the Crucial website (https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp-compaq/hp-zbook-studio-g5-mobile-workstation) for the Crucial 16GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM. I'm aware that this module is from another brand, which may not be optimal, and it has a higher speed. However, it would be limited to the lowest speed supported by my system (2667 MHz).

Should I go ahead and purchase this one?

Thanks, Sander

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sander4Ajax wrote:

.. Should I go ahead and purchase this one?

@Sander4Ajax 

My experience: I did order Crucial RAM which said compatible but it did not work. I had to order RAM from Amazon and paid 30% more.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sander4Ajax wrote:

.. Should I go ahead and purchase this one?

@Sander4Ajax 

My experience: I did order Crucial RAM which said compatible but it did not work. I had to order RAM from Amazon and paid 30% more.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.