cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrading CPU of an HP pavilion g6-1d00 Notebook series

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-1d48dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to upgrade my old laptop to get it running as fast as it can go, my question here is, I've already been checking the Maintenance and service guide but I'd like to know if I can replace the AMD A6-3420M that already has with an AMD A10-4600M, I figured it could be compatible cause they both are 32nm, use the same fs1 socket, and use the same wattage, but again I dont know alot about the subject or how to know what's compatible and what not :S.

Thanks in advance ❤️

1 REPLY 1
Level 21
Level 21
126,102 116,283 18,875 28,801
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

c03094202 (hp.com)

Chapter 1, page two lists the supported AMD processors.

Looks like the best processor you can upgrade to according to the manual would be the AMD A8-3520M.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation