Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi !

My laptop specifications: HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx, Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB

First:

My laptop have 256 GB NVMe SSD:

SAMSUNG

P/N: MZVLW256HEHP-000H1

MSIP-REM-SEC-MZ-VLW1T00

HP P/N: 862996-001

Model: MZ-VLW2560
RATED: DC +3.3V=2.91A

PM91 NVMe, 1715, REV 0, F/W CXB70H1Q, 2017.04 256GB

Q1: I want to upgrade to 1 TB NVMe SSD. What is the best SSD can I use?

Q2:  Is "HP EX950 M.2 1TB PCIe 3.1 x4 NVMe 3D TLC NAND Internal Solid State Drive" compatible with my laptop?

Second:

My computer have 2 RAMs each:

SAMSUNG

M471A1K43CB1-CRCS

8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T-SA1-11

Q1: What is the max. possible RAM can be installed in my laptop? If the answer is larger than my original 16 GB Ram then,

Q2: Is there a good memory compatible with my computer?

Thank you our helpful Community!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend the Samsung 980 PCIe 3.0 x 4 SSD, which has a slightly faster sequential write speed than the HP Ex 950 according to the specs.

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG (MZ-V8V1T0B/AM) 980 SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with...

Since your notebook has an  Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor, it should support 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-2400 memory.

This should be the 16 GB memory that would work in your notebook...

Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT16G4SFD824A | Crucial.com

You can verify how much memory your PC can support by doing this...

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator. This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacity and hit enter. There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.