Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-da1013ne
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone, hope you are all fine.

I'm planning to install this parts, for an upgrade. 😅

RAM (2PCS.)(I plan to max it out to 32gb RAM)

KINGSTON 16GB DDR4 PC3200MHZ NON-ECC (KVR32S22D8/S8/16) SODIMM MEMORY

SSD

KINGSTON 500GB NV2 PCIE NVME M.2 (SNV2S/500G) Solid State Drive (Is it possible to reinstall my O.S. here and make the SATA HDD my extra storage?)

Will this installation work?

If not, I hope you will give me a suggestion.

Many Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Memory yes. The SSD is still a 4th gen. As I said it will work. If you are getting a good price it will run as fast as anything else you can put in. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You are overshooting the mark. Memory speed is capped at -2400 speed and the NVME M.2 SSD slot supports only Generation 3.0 not 4.0. 

So the parts you wish to install would likely work but will not operate at their full designed speed. I also advise against Kingston Value RAM. It has a bad record with HP notebooks. I would suggest Crucial instead. 

Yes you can make the M.2 SSD the primary bootdisk and leave the existing HDD in the laptop as storage. You will have better luck removing the HDD during OS installation onto the M.2 SSD and only put the HDD back in when you have the SSD working as you wish. 

HP Recommended

1000036563.jpg

1000036561.jpg

 is this okay?

Thank you so much for the time. 😊

HP Recommended

Memory yes. The SSD is still a 4th gen. As I said it will work. If you are getting a good price it will run as fast as anything else you can put in. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.