Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-d010tu Notebook

I'am using HP-15-d010tu Notebook Laptop with Hynix DDR3 2GB RAM--Speed:1066Mhz----Form factor:SODIMM--Single Rank--Max Bandwidth:PC3-12800(800Mhz) in Slot 1.

Maximum capacity of Ram for my laptop is 8.33Gb (from cmd)  and I'm not sure about the maximum alllowed speed. The Ram in slot 1 has 1066 Mhz speed and as per CPUZ Max Bandwidth:PC3-12800(800Mhz)...

Should  I purchase  ddr3 4gb Ram with Speed1333Mhz of a different company or Hynix DDR3-4GB-1600Mhz for Slot2 ?

Also will different Ram speed be a problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it comes with a Celeron N2810 processor.

Below is the link to the Intel specs for that processor...

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/76753/intel-celeron-processor-n2810-1m-cache-2-...

The fastest speed the processor in your PC can run the memory at is 1066 MHz.

I recommend you purchase a compatible DDR3L-12800 memory module like the original one.

It doesn't have to be the exact same one as what is in there now.

Your notebook may only have one memory slot, since it has a Celeron processor, and the max the processor can take is 8 GB.

If it only has one memory slot, you can install 1 x 8 GB of DDR3L-12800 memory.

If it has two memory slots, you can install 2 x 4 GB of DDR3L-12800 memory.

Below is the link to the service manual...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04341736

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it comes with a Celeron N2810 processor.

Below is the link to the Intel specs for that processor...

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/76753/intel-celeron-processor-n2810-1m-cache-2-...

The fastest speed the processor in your PC can run the memory at is 1066 MHz.

I recommend you purchase a compatible DDR3L-12800 memory module like the original one.

It doesn't have to be the exact same one as what is in there now.

Your notebook may only have one memory slot, since it has a Celeron processor, and the max the processor can take is 8 GB.

If it only has one memory slot, you can install 1 x 8 GB of DDR3L-12800 memory.

If it has two memory slots, you can install 2 x 4 GB of DDR3L-12800 memory.

Below is the link to the service manual...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04341736

HP Recommended

Hi, I think I'm in trouble since I already made a purchase.

As per my Task manager it says, 

Speed-1066 Mhz, Slot used- 1 of 2, Form factor- SODIMM, Hardware reserved- 98.9MB

As per CPU Z it says, 

Memory Tab -    DDR3 2GB Channel # Dual 

SPD Tab -  Slot#1 DDR3 2Gb  Sk hynix----Max Bandwidth:  PC3-12800(800Mhz)---- Rank-Single

Slot#2 Blank No details.

DO YOU THINK THIS INFORMATION MAY BE INCORRECT ABOUT SLOT 1 AND SLOT 2 IN TASK MANAGER & CPUZ ?

Please Help me.

I purchased  Hynix DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHhz 1.35V SODIMM (Same speed not available).

Please let me know if the system details are incorrect in Task manager & CPUZ 

Also If the purchase is okay ?

HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has two memory slots, and you bought a 4 GB Hynix DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHhz 1.35V SODIMM, you should be fine.

If your notebook has two memory slots, you can't exceed 4 GB of memory in either slot.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help sir.

I just one last query,

Can the information given in Task manager -- Slot used: 1 of 2 &  in CPU-Z having Slot#1 and Slot#2 option in SPD tab be incorrect ? I'm not sure how they retrieve this information. I'm relying on this information for my purchase.

Once again, Thank you for Help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The only way you are going to know for sure is to open up the notebook and see how many memory slots are present.

All I can tell you is that on a lot of HP notebooks with the Pentium and Celeron processors, they only have one memory slot -- even if the manual indicates there are two.

Sometimes the utility you used reports incorrect information.

It is very easy to get to where the memory is located in your model.

There is a removable service door that exposes the hard drive, memory and wifi adapter.

Shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to check it out.

See chapter 4. page 61 for how to get to where the memory is located.

Unplug the PC and remove the battery first to be safe.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.