Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-F387wm (AMD Series)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So lately I've been thinking about upgrading the Wi-Fi card with a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, since that would allow me to use Bluetooth without any random errors occurring with the devices. I already have the Wi-Fi antennas, which I took from the lid of a 17.3 inch Toshiba laptop lid. I am thinking of getting this card: AR9462 AR5B22 Combo WiFi 2.4G/5G & Bluetooth 4.0 module, 802.11 ABGN Dual Band, 2T/2R Mini PCI-Express Half-Size Module, Atheros AR9462 chipset https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012JQVUX8/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_i4C7CbSB1Q6GD

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Will this certainly work with my laptop? If not, is there another WLAN card that will work that has both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth?

HP Recommended

Hi:

As long as you add the second antenna cable, I recommend that you upgrade to this dual band AC wifi card w/bluetooth...

Broadcom BCM4352 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combo   HP part # 724935-001

The card  is readily available on Amazon or eBay.

Do your search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I'll just buy it and see if it works... I'm wondering, why are there certain connections that aren't present? Maybe those aren't needed?

HP Recommended

Checked the connections of both the card in my laptop and the card I'm getting. The Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card I'm getting basically has more connections than my laptop's current Wi-Fi card, so I'll certainly try that one out. I'll mark my next reply as the solution after I see if the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card works perfectly fine with my laptop.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, the card on the link you posted should work just fine as long as you add the second antenna cable.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Broadcom card having more connections.

According to the parts list your notebook has a Realtek 8188EE wifi card which looks like this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Realtek-RTL8188EE-802-11-bgn-1x1-WiFi-card-New-709848-001-709505-001/312...

It has the same two antenna terminals as the Broadcom card has, but only one is being used.

The older Realtek 8188EE wifi cards with two antenna terminals work better with two antenna cables attached to them.

The newer Realtek 8188EE wifi cards only have one terminal, and were redesigned to work with only one antenna cable.

HP Recommended

Got the new Wi-Fi card, but don't know where the drivers required for it are...

HP Recommended

The laptop was able to search for the specific drivers for the Wi-Fi card and download them. However, I still can't use my Bluetooth headphones, which is an issue... My Bluetooth keyboard is working perfectly fine, as I'm typing everything down with it right now! Does anyone know any possible drivers or anything that with allow me to use the headphones?

HP Recommended

Hi:

You added the second antenna, correct?   Without that, the BT won't work because it won't have any reception.

You need these W10 Bluetooth drivers for that card.  I'm surprised that W10 didn't automatically install them both.

This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth devices.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75330.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.