Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello All,

I dont have question but information on upgrading my Laptop by a new SSD. I knew through this community that M2 SATA SSD can be added and I can have existing SSHD as my file storage.

I myself brought the SAMSING 860  M2 SATA SSD from Amazon and necessary tools to open my Laptop. When I opened the laptop the SSD connector was compatible For NVMe SSD. Anyway i went ahead and upgraded with M2 SATA SSD. The laptop worked way faster but I was obsessed with NVMe SSD upgrade. 

I looked for convincing information on web but couldn't get. Finally I took the risk and ordered Samsung 970EVO NVMe SSD and installed in laptop. Alas it was done. Migration was smooth. Now the laptop is lightning fast. Wake up from sleep is 2secs. Shut down is 4 secs and boot up is 8secs.

I am happy to buy HP laptop and and even after 2 years with this upgrade, its speed is at par with current high-end laptops in market.

My advice to all HP pavilion x360 14ba1xx users to try NVMe SSD upgrade and unlock true computing speeds.

Thanks for reading.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Ravikumarks Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to upgrade NVMe SSD.

I have checked the manual (page number 2)

For use only on computer models with model number 14m-ba2xx: 16-GB, 2280, Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCIe)-3×2, Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe), 3S XP solid-state drive

For use only on computer models with model numbers 14-cc0xx and 14t-cc000:

● 512-GB, PCIe, NVMe solid-state drive

● 512-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive with triple-level cell (TLC)

● 256-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive with TLC

● 128-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive with TLC

Dual storage conƭgurations

1-TB, 5400-rpm, 7.2-mm hard drive with 128-GB solid-state drive with TLC

500-GB, 5400-rpm, 7.0-mm hard drive with 128-GB solid-state drive with TLC

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen,

Please read my post again. I have already upgraded my Laptop and I posted my experience. I dont need any help or support from you.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.