Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14-cf1502sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been searching through the forum but can't find a specific answer to my model.

I have  14-cf1502sa which has 8Gb (8GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)) installed.

I'm looking at a pair of 8Gb modules from crucial to upgrade it to 16Gb.

My query is, and it's probably a no 😉 , but .......

is the 8Gb per slot cast in stone, could you get to 16Gb per slot on this model ?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to both Crucial and HP the max is 2 x 8 GB.

HP manual (chapter 1)

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06146792

Crucial website:

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/hp-14-cf1502sa

HP Recommended

Yes I'd looked up the crucial data,

thanks for the link to the manual 🙂

Given Windows 10 Home 64 supports 128Gb I was just wondering if it was an 'artificial' (marketing 😉 ) limitation in bios or a true limitation of the chipset ...

guess I'll be maxing out at16gb then 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There are operating system limits and hardware limits.

Theoretically, according to the chipset, the PC should support 2 x 16 GB of memory, and many times the crucial website indicates more memory is supported than the HP service manual does.

When they are both in agreement, it is dubious that 2 x 16 GB would be supported, and the only way to know for sure, would be to try a 16 GB chip and see.

I have no right to gamble with your money, so that would be a decision you would have to make if you wanted to experiment or not.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your responses Paul,

yes, suck it and see would be the only option,

but I'll go with 16Gb and see how much of that those pesky VST3 plugins eat out of that 🙂

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.