cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Michael6678
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Upgrading the GPU

HP Recommended
Elitebook 8640p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I've been looking around these forums and I'm still not sure about my question so I decided to make a post. 

My Laptop is an Elitebook 8640p. Everytime I go and try to play games my GPU always stops me. However i have a different graphics card than the intel graphics 3000. I have the AMD Radeon HD 6470m. I was wondering if its possible to upgrade the GPU with this type of graphics card. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
45,991 24,680 7,400 10,739
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well the 4 cylinder motor in my Honda keeps me from entering the Indianapolis 500, too. It is just not a gaming machine and nothing you can do to make it one. I don't mean to sound harsh but laptops just aren't very flexible and a good gaming laptop is very expensive. 

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No the graphics card is the GPU and it is a chip soldered to the motherboard. Not possible to remove or replace or upgrade. The 6470M is not much better than integrated video as you have already experienced:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+6470M

Michael6678
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So theres no possible way in upgrading my Graphics Card/Video Card. As it always stops me from playing games because how outdated it is

Huffer
Level 18
Level 18
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well the 4 cylinder motor in my Honda keeps me from entering the Indianapolis 500, too. It is just not a gaming machine and nothing you can do to make it one. I don't mean to sound harsh but laptops just aren't very flexible and a good gaming laptop is very expensive. 

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation