Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
L0G91EA
Ubuntu LTS

Hello ,

I currently use Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20 LTS (dual boot) on SATA 1TB HDD. My serial number is [Personal Information Removed]& product code is L0G91EA. Can I use 1TB NVMe SSD as a dual bootable disk? Will my motherboard & BIOS support it? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you can replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with the 2.5" Samsung 870 SSD.

Amazon.in: Buy Samsung 870 QVO 1TB SATA 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-77Q1T0BW) Online a...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your PC does not support NVMe SSD's.

If it has a M.2 slot the slot only supports SATA SSD's and you would have to take the whole notebook apart to remove the motherboard to get to the M.2 slot if one exists.

Below is the link to the service manual...the supported drive types can be found in chapter 1, and the procedure to get to the M.2 slot can be found in chapter 6.

HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PCHP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

HP Recommended

Thanks, Paul. Can I then replace the existing HDD with Samsung 870 EVO 1TB SSD Internal Hard Drive? If no, can I get some suggestions on how can I upgrade to an SSD drive, please? Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you can replace the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with the 2.5" Samsung 870 SSD.

Amazon.in: Buy Samsung 870 QVO 1TB SATA 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-77Q1T0BW) Online a...

HP Recommended

Thanks once again Paul !

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.