Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 14-ce0005ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I am more of a programmer than a gamer, so I need processing power not for running games but code (in my case Python mostly).
I have seen my laptop has 2 beautiful GPUs NvidiaGeForce MX130 that could be used for running Python code way more faster that normal CPU. So could someone tell me how can I use the GPU instead of the CPU for processing purposes?
I bring this topic because I have been running a Python code for NLP for several hours, so my CPU is working like crazy but my GPU is idle!!
Please helpCapture.JPGCapture1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Breo

Welcome to HP support community.

I would suggest here is to run the Windows update troubleshooter.

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Update graphics card and BIOS using HP support community.

Refer this HP document for the steps to use HPSA:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Breo

Welcome to HP support community.

I would suggest here is to run the Windows update troubleshooter.

Download and install the troubleshooter from this link.

Now try to perform Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Update graphics card and BIOS using HP support community.

Refer this HP document for the steps to use HPSA:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry, but could you extend a bit more in each point? I am having some issues to follow the steps...

HP Recommended

@Breo

You will have to update Windows and drivers of your computer to fix this issue.

Install this troubleshooter and run it to update the Windows:- Click here

Here are the steps to update:

• Run the troubleshooter. When it's done, it's best practice to restart your device. Then check for new updates. Go to Start  > Settings  > Update & Security  > Windows Update . Select Check for updates and install any available updates.

HP support assistant application will automatically find the most latest drivers for your computer and install it.

This document has the steps to install and use HP support assistant application:- Click here.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.