Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15s-du2009tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there! I recently purchased a  laptop 15s-du2009tu and it was quite slow. So I uninstalled lot of unnecessary software.

It was still slow. I tried ReadyBoost, Defragmentation and optimization, Ending unnecessary startup processes, setting to high performance, Using low graphic options in apps, etc. Then I tried Ctrl+Alt+Del and went to performance in Task Manager. I noticed 2 Things-

Its using Compressed RAM

Then RAM slots being used are 1 of 2

User99_J_0-1606892703778.png

Then I did a little research on Compressed RAM and learnt that Uncompressed RAM is efficient as the CPU has a lighter load

and each RAM Slot should be 2GB and there are 2 slots. The product description when Buying was 4GB RAM

But since only 1 slot is being used I have only 2GB and I realized this is probably why my Laptop is slow

So If I utilize both slots then there is no need for compression because there is enough space.

I want to know if this is possible

Also if any tips on how to speed up my laptop would be much appreciated!

I am using Windows 10 Core Single Language

DDR4 4GB

1TB SATA HDD

Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20 Ghz 10th Gen

Base Speed= 1.19 Ghz

CPU.jpg

aaaa.jpg

Those pics are about the CPU in Task Manager

I am not sure if it is SDRAM or DRAM or SRAM

I forgot to mention that while doing PowerPoint slideshows it becomes really slow and unresponsive.

Thanks and Regards

A quick reply would be really appreciated

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@User99_J

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is running very slow and you want to know whether you can utilize both the RAM slots.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

To utilize both the RAM slots you need to install another RAM in the second slot. I see that you have already followed the relevant steps to boost performance. However, I recommend you use the PC tune-up utility from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/topic/diagnostics?category=computing&issue=computer-slow

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.