Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook x360
Chrome OS

After owning Dell products running on Windows operating system since 2011, I purchased my first Chromebook to try out the Chrome OS. Since there aren't any chromebooks that flip all the way around and also have a number pad, I eventually settled for the HP Chromebook x360. First off, as a general feedback, this is extremely frustrating, especially for someone like me that works a lot with data entry. I know there isn't anything that can be done about this immediately, but I at least wanted to mention that.

I've noticed several software issues over the past year since purchasing my chromebook. The majority of them are able to be resolved (at least temporarily) with a hard restart, sometimes two. That's annoying, but ultimately a minor inconvenience at the end of the day.

Since the HP Chromebook x360 doesn't have a number pad, I bought a wireless keyboard that did have one that connected to the Chromebook via USB dongle. Since I didn't need the attached keyboard, I attempted to put it in Tent mode while I used the external keyboard. Long story short, the screen wouldn't rotate when I flipped it around, even though I verified auto-rotate was turned on. I did some research and found out that Tablet or Tent mode is disabled when anything is plugged into the USB port. There are countless other people dealing with this issue, and to be honest it's ridiculous and I hope this can be fixed soon.

Now for the issue at hand: in an attempt to work around the above issue with the USB port, I purchased a Bluetooth keyboard (Logitech K580) and mouse (Logitech M355). I hoped that since they wouldn't have a dongle to plug in, they wouldn't interfere with Tent or Tablet mode. However, I'm still dealing with the same issue of the screen not rotating or not going into tablet/tent mode. If this is the same thing as the USB port issue, then I'm thinking I'm going to end up going back to Dell and Windows OS.

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ChrmbkCnvrt

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.