Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,  Can I use my laptop while charging it, and keep on using it while plugged in even when it is fully charged to 100%? Mine is built-in batetry.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Faizo

You are correct.

When the battery is fully charged the SMART AC and the computer will stop the charging process.

It saves and extends the battery life.

REO

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Yes you can. Try not to let charge drop below 15-20% but the rule is if AC power is available use it and if not use the battery. No special tricks just use it and enjoy it. 

HP Recommended

@Faizo

Does the end of your DC jack look like this??? "With the center pin???"

IMG_4901#2.jpg

REO

HP Recommended

Hi @REO51ST, yes it is similar like that.

HP Recommended

@Faizo

That means you have a SMART AC adaptor.

The adaptor and the computer communicate with each other threw the center pin to regulate the charging of your battery.

You would want to calibrate maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

HP Recommended

@Faizo

That means you have a SMART AC adaptor.

The adaptor and the computer communicate with each other threw the center pin to regulate the charging of your battery.

There is not much for you to do.

You would want to calibrate maybe 2 or 3 times a year.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04700771

REO

HP Recommended

HI @REO51ST, thanks for your feedback. This means that I can use my laptop while charging it, and keep on using it while plugged in even when it is fully charged to 100%? Am I correct?

HP Recommended

@Faizo

You are correct.

When the battery is fully charged the SMART AC and the computer will stop the charging process.

It saves and extends the battery life.

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks to both Reo & Huffer for the feedbacks !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.