Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! So my Wi-Fi adapter has been failing a ton of times now ever since the start of this month, I have been trying several things to fix it and each method would succeed but for a while. I have tried:

- Running the network troubleshooter.

- Uninstalling the Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi adapter from device manager, restarting the computer so it would install again.

-  Manually install the Wi-Fi adapter from the official Hp page for my notebook model. 

- Install the recent windows updates.

- Rollback Wi-Fi driver.

-Restore windows setting to a previous restore point. 

-Installing the HP support assistant, which helped a lot with fixing the adapter several times but now, whenever the wi-fi runs for a few minutes and adapter fails, I run the network troubleshooter to end up with Driver Issue (104) that the adapter is experiencing driver (or hardware) related issues.

Now I have run the HP hardware diagnostics for network wireless component, the Wireless IRQ and Rom tests have failed. The failure ID is MBVNSM-7KRA7E-XD7V6K-88BX13.

The product ID is K3F54EA#ABV

So is this a hardware problem? Thank you for all your help in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The error code translates to:  Network Card IRQ Failure.

So I would have to assume the wifi card is dying or dead and needs to be replaced.

If you open up the notebook and let me know how many wifi antenna cables are connected to the Realtek card, I will let you know if you can possibly upgrade the card to a better one.

Your notebook will need to have two antenna cables present in order to upgrade the card.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The error code translates to:  Network Card IRQ Failure.

So I would have to assume the wifi card is dying or dead and needs to be replaced.

If you open up the notebook and let me know how many wifi antenna cables are connected to the Realtek card, I will let you know if you can possibly upgrade the card to a better one.

Your notebook will need to have two antenna cables present in order to upgrade the card.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the wifi card removal and replacement procedure.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502

HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt reply! 

I'm not an expert in opening this notebook as I have never done it before, not to damage any  further hardware lol. Now that I'm reassured that it is a hardware problem, I'll head onto changing the Wi-Fi card. Thanks a lot again!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.