Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy x360 2-in-1 Intel i7 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have owned this HP ENVY laptop for about 6 months, got it around holiday season from Best Buy. It's a great laptop and runs smoothly, but unfortunately it makes a lot of noise most of the time. Right out of the box I noticed that the fan can become quite loud, but recently the noise has gotten worse, as it has gone from the sound of wind blowing out the vents, to the sound of a chainsaw.

I cannot say for certain if this is the fan or another component, as I am on warranty and do not want to open it up. It is undoubtedly a hardware issue, I have reinstalled BIOS, downloaded CoolSense (which helped somewhat), but nothing is actually fixing the problem.

This is really inconvenient for someone who needs to do a lot of late night work and relies on technology. I don't use very many tasking programs and tend to only use web browsers and occasionally a simple video game.

Here's a sound sample from just a few minutes ago:  https://voca.ro/2NfQHEKD1WE 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It might be that there's a problem with the fan, you might need to change it

A computer's fan speed depends on how hot the computer is

So if you hear the fan speed noise getting louder it is the computers memory, CPU, Disk is working harder to get things done or it is almost at it's usage capacity.

Getting an appropriate upgrade can make the fan less louder

I may be wrong

HP Recommended

Probably there's something is making contact with the fan's blades

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.