Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP G60-447CL
Microsoft Windows Vista

Would like advice on similar HP laptop.  too many available and it is confusing which one to get.  I have just purchased an HP ENVY 7640 printer.  Had a problem with the color ink cartridge running out VERY quickly and spoke with tech for over an hour who was very nice and patient with me.   He checked everything and I still am not sure what the problem was other than I drained the ink making too many copies (over 23 ) of color  8x10's of letters from a journal .  Anyway I ende dup purchasing another color ink cartridge from him (He was in the Philippines) received the ink quickly but I do niot want to make the same mistake again.  Why couldn't I make the copies black and white and not color.  The copies were from color pictures.   I coulkd not figure how to make them black and white.  I now have juust the blasck ink cartridge in the printer.  Is it ok to print that way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Use it at home personal use.  Yes it is portable and has bee overseas on trips with me and on cruises and on vacations.  I like the size .  Wish it had better sound but got speakers to help.  Not more that $600.  don't need games and others stuff I never use, watch DVDs and that is about all.  Print pictures and papers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

This kind of strays off the laptop topic. If you want a recommendation on a laptop 3 questions:

1. What is your budget?

2. How portable do you need it to be? The one you have is a 16 inch screen. Has that been good for you?

3. What do you use it for? 

HP Recommended

Use it at home personal use.  Yes it is portable and has bee overseas on trips with me and on cruises and on vacations.  I like the size .  Wish it had better sound but got speakers to help.  Not more that $600.  don't need games and others stuff I never use, watch DVDs and that is about all.  Print pictures and papers.

HP Recommended

Hi @Artel

Thank you for choosing HP. Certainly, as years passed since the purchase of your G series notebook, technology advancement has given HP an opportunity to provide customers a broad range of PCs catering to multiple segments. All latest PCs are equipped with great features, latest trends, performance, quality and come with reasonable prices.

Our fabulous range of options is also visible through HP Online Store (www.hpdirect.com). I notice that you are looking for a similar kind of G-series PC. Depending on the budget and usage requirements you may want to choose anywhere from a $200 to a $500 PC or a mid price ranged PC would be great too. Pavilion and ENVY are great branded PCs with great features.

if you are not a gamer and would want something that is lighter on your pocket with great design, entertainment and performance, these links will be helpful as well.

Chrome: http://store.hp.com/us/en/vwa/Laptops/opsy=Chrome-OS;form=Standard-laptop

Stream: http://store.hp.com/us/en/vwa/Laptops/opsy=Windows-10;form=Standard-laptop;brand=Stream

Regarding your Printer Issue: Here's a fantastic document that'll help you get info. about Gray Scale or Black only printing that might save you some color

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-7600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/6617267/model/6617268/d...

Hope this helps and Thanks again for your interest. Wish you wonderful buying experience. 

Have a great day.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Mundutha

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!*** .

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thank you VERY much Mundutha.  Your reply was a big help and I made copies of your instructions and the information.  Have a great day.    

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.