Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 15 be020tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I wanted to upgrade my laptop storage from hdd to ssd so can anyone please tell me if my laptop is compatible with a M2 NVMe SSD such as the the samsung 970 evo or not ? Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gaurav

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Gaurav:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Notebook PCHP 250 G5 Notebook PCHP 256 G5 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types.

If your notebook has a M.2 slot, it only supports SATA SSD's, not NVMe.

Open up the notebook and check to make sure the M.2 slot is there before buying a SATA M.2 SSD.

In the 15-ay models listed in chapter 1 of the manual, unless the notebook came with a SATA M.2 SSD from HP, the M.2 slot is not there.

Additional parts are used to add a M.2 slot, which you can see in chapter 3.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.