Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs1039tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have tried to call the HP support line for assistance to get my laptop battery replaced under warranty as it is still within the warranty period.

I had previously spent a lot of energy and time to clarify that explain that I want an extended care pack that includes everything including a battery replacement. I was quoted a corresponding care pack and I purchased it. After purchase and activation, I verified that the status writes that N-CSR Battery replace as one of the deliverables. 

When I called HP support line to get the laptop battery replacement, I was told that the battery is not covered in warranty even when it clearly states that N-CSR Battery replace as one of the deliverables. I was then subsequently quoted a hefty sum of $142.73 for the battery replacement! Why is that the case?? 

My laptop has is a 1000 cycle long life battery and it is non removeable. It should be replaced under warranty! 

Pls help. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@nhkhai,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP Consumer Notebooks - Understanding Battery Warranties for Consumer Notebooks link

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.