Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have a HP Laptop and I had taken an extended warranty on my laptop. The warranty is valid for another 5 months.

The battery of my laptop is not holding any charge. I contacted the HP support team and after remote trouble shooting, the agent mentioned the battery will need to be changed. I was given a case ID for my complaint was told that battery replacement will not happen under warranty, EVEN THOUGH, battery replacement is mentioned as one of the deliverables in my warranty on the HP website as well.

It has been a week since I lodged my complaint and the work has not even started on my laptop. I have no clue why HP is denying the battery replacement under warranty when it is clearly mentioned as one of the deliverables and I have no idea why the laptop is not being fixed.

After reaching out to HP support on Twitter and their Webchat repeatedly, I managed to get a call back from HP today wherein the agent on call again mentioned that battery will not be covered under warranty, without being able to give me any reason why it is so.

This whole experience is really pathetic and has left a very bad taste. Did not expect this kind of disservice, lack of accountability and lack of customer service from HP. Its a SHAME.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@shagotra

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your message. I have provided you the information that you had asked for in the personal message.

I really hope this gets resolved asap, as high levels of customer experience and ethical processes are expected from HP.

Regards,

Atul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.