Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I just bought mine 16 March, yet the computer says the warranty will expire at the end of January, 10 1/2 months now equals 1 year?  Common Core being taught at HP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ScBeller,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ScBeller

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I read that you purchased a new HP computer on 16th March 2017. However, the computer says the warranty will expire at the end of Jan 2018. 

I would like to inform you that HP products come with a 1-year factory warranty which starts from the date of purchase. I suggest you to contact HP phone support and have the warranty updated for your new HP computer. The phone support team will register the product based on the product and serial no. of the computer.

If you're unable to contact phone support then please let me know your country fo residence and I will locate the information. 

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I contacted HP via on-line chat over the weekend.  Had to email my invoice (essentially forward the invoice/purchase confirmation email I received from HP back to HP) and the pop team will supposedly correct the warranty date. 

I'll ty to remember to update this thread if/when the problem is solved. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@ScBeller

You're welcome. 🙂

I'm glad to know that the POP team is being notified to correct the warranty. Thanks for your patience and cooperation in the meantime. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions. Take care! 

HP Recommended

Got a text message saying it was fixed, but it is not.  I refreshed the waranty status (twice to be sure) and it still shows as 30 Jan instead of 15 March.  the warranty dispute page is also useless as it shows "nothing" for my computer.Untitled.png

HP Recommended

Hi @ScBeller,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the referral, it was corrected this afternoon.  Restoring my faith in HP and the forum!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.