Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Water damaged Laptop

Example: Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, some water fell on my laptop. Being my first experience, I just rubbed away all the water and tilted the laptop to allow any remaining liquid to be removed, assuming the problem to be fixed. I let my laptop remain on, for about 3 mins. Then, I noticed that my laptop had shut off itself. When I turned it on, I found a "Boot Device not Found" Error. I reset the BIOS and got the error fixed. Then when I got to the desktop, I found some unusual things. The USB slots would connect, then disconnect, then not make any sounds. Some processes became unresponsive. After a bit, I heard some sizzling sound and immediately turned off the laptop. It had been turned on for 10 mins since I reset the BIOS. I'm now leaving the laptop shut off for a few days. Can my laptop really be the same again, at this point?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19004 18962 1239 1988
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Water damaged Laptop

@GreyEye21,

Welcome to HP Forums,

This looks like a possible hardware failure with the notebook. I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team for available service related options.

HP support can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

Select the product type.

Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation