2 1 1 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

We can't find your camera. Error: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

HP Recommended
HP 840 G1 - G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Camera was working then suddenly doesn't work anymore. Camera driver wasn't present in device manager to perform a reinstall on the cameras driver. Manually installed the universal camera driver from  HP's site and same issue. 
Ran a firmware update as well, no luck. Anything helps!

1 REPLY 1
InstaTechHelp
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Never mind I found the simple solution! Hopefully it helps everyone else too!

In the apps and feature settings, under camera's advance settings I reset the camera. Performed a reboot which did not fix it. 
Under device manager, I scanned for hardware changes then select "show hidden devices." The camera showed up, I uninstalled the driver then scanned for hardware changes. 

The driver reinstalled, performed a reboot and issue resolved. 

If this doesn't work for you try checking your system Bios for disabled hardware, or restoring your device to a previous stage. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation