Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 24-e001nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

cam1.JPGcam2.JPGWhen you attempt to open up the Windows Camera application, you are faced with a "We can't find your camera" message. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @jorik84,

I didn't really know this but according to documentation, this All-in-One PC also has a privacy camera switch.

I thought it only existed on some premium consumer notebook PCs but I guess that's not the case.

Can you look around and behind your PC for a small switch you can slide? Does your AIO PC perhaps have a pop-up camera?

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Screenshot_20200214-001210_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Ciao Eddy, 

Yes i tryed all what i found online.... But i think Is a hardware problem.... The only way to fix Is to format and install a clean version of Windows 10. I lost 5 hours in this PC 💻 

But I saw that I'm not the only one and many of us have the same problem. 

HP Recommended

Hello @jorik84,

I'm having some trouble finding information and documentation regarding this model. 

So the switch, according to the image, doesn't work?

And sorry, just to clarify, did clean installing solve your issue? If so, that's good to hear. 

Regards,

Eddy 

HP Recommended

Hello dear 

The switch works ... Except that in the previous version of Windows, the light next to it went on, however in this version of Windows it doesn't even recognize it ... I tried almost all the youcam software etc etc ...

Yes the last thing when i have time Is to and i hope to fix it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks to Eddy K for the post.  Solved immediately. Waited 15min on HP support and no pickup; same time on virtual agent with no resolution.  Would have thought that the issue would have been immediate to virtual agent as a "code word".   The switch is listed on the minimal docs with computer but no explanation.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

No problem @SilverFoxNY46, glad to hear I was able to help you.

I honestly don't think HP has been doing the best job at communicating the new privacy-related features to customers and it's ultimately causing a lot of frustration and confusion.  

Kind regards,

Eddy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.