Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to get my Pavilion x360 rebuilt following a HDD failure, and stuck trying to get the webcam working.
I've reinstalled Windows 10 x64 (build 18363.720) and have everything working now except for the webcam, and there appears to be no drivers listed at the following location:
https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-13-s100-x360-convertible-pc/8499316/mod...

I've already trawled through the support forums for this, tried many other suggestions (installing Cyberlink Youcam Software) but this does nothing, as the underlying driver for the webcam is not available.

The Hardware ID for the Webcam is:

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5841&REV_0103&MI_00
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5841&MI_00

I've tried multiple Realtek driver packages but to no avail, and just hitting a dead end here.

Do HP actually provide the drivers for this webcam?  Has anyone managed to get any compatible drivers working for this?  I've all but given up hope for now, and as I'm trying to get this working so we can Skype our family given the current COVID-19 lockdown, it's proving to be an extremely frustrating problem.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ErTnEc I'll do everything in my power to help you reconnect with your family, with that said, i just need to know:

How was the reset attempted, did you make use of the HP Recovery partition (F11) or did you use the HP recovery media? 
If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here (the HP recovery media contains the factory shipped drivers for all component, so this should resolve the issue)

And once the reset is done using the above steps, in case you have any issues: click here for further assistance.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

The reset was performed by performing a fresh installation by booting from a Windows 10 Installer on a USB drive, which was created by the Windows Media Creation Tool (from the Microsoft website).  This then installed a completely vanilla installation on the new hard drive.  As the drive was a new replacement due to the old one completely failing, there was no Recovery Partition, and there is also no recovery media (the laptop has no DVD drive anyway).

I've clicked through the support pages to regarding ordering a new recovery media, and there appears to be no way to actually do this.  All support options just take me to a driver download page which has *no* drivers for the built in webcam, and there appears no direct way to contact you about this other than these forums.

Also regarding this option, I've seen other posts on this forum that suggest whenever windows is updated to the newer version, this also breaks support for the webcam, and as such, the only suggestions then is to 'Roll back' which I find unacceptable as this puts the system at risk due to not being fully up to date with all the latest security and OS patches.

All I need, is a working driver for the webcam, is that really such a hard thing to request?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@ErTnEc,

The webcam uses the Windows built-in drivers and there will are no specific drivers for the webcam from HP  and it is that way for all the computers.

As you have mentioned that webcam is not working even after a fresh Windows reinstall. I recommend you contact support as it might be a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

In case if you are unable to reach support, let me know your region (Location) in a private message and I will send you the contact details.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.