cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

What is the best ram setup for me?

HP Recommended
Elitebook 2570p
Linux

Hi all,

My "new" Elitebook 2570p came from auction with 2 4gb DDR3 1600mhz sodimms. I am not familiar with HP bios, so please excuse my ignorance on this question. In other laptops i have owned if the 2 sodimms are matched it says something like "dual-channel mode" or the like in the bios. I see nothing of the sort in mine. They seem to be a match but is there something in the bios that would tell me such?

In a related question, given this is there an advantage to running 2 matched 4gb sodimms vs 1 8gb of the same speed (not considering future upgrade options)?

Thanks much for your input!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
124,175 114,356 18,471 28,191
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would have to assume the memory is running in DDR mode, since you have two modules of the same capacity installed.

I can definitely tell you that 2 x 4 GB running in DDR mode is better than 1 x 8 GB module running in SDR mode (which it will when only one memory module is installed).

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation