Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc0001nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi to all,

I have a OMEN 15-dc0001nl. I would like to know what is the maximum amount of RAM I can install.

Thank you,

Giampy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The maximum installed memory is 32GB

DDR4-3200 • CL=22 • NON-ECC • SODIMM • 260-pin • 1.2V • 2Rx8/1Rx8 • PC4-25600

Online source for guaranteed compatible memory

Crucial.EU

https://eu.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k16g4sfra32a

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The maximum installed memory is 32GB

DDR4-3200 • CL=22 • NON-ECC • SODIMM • 260-pin • 1.2V • 2Rx8/1Rx8 • PC4-25600

Online source for guaranteed compatible memory

Crucial.EU

https://eu.crucial.com/memory/ddr4/ct2k16g4sfra32a

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

HI,

A thousand thanks!

I searched and re-searched but couldn't find this information. I found the motherboard model ("84DA" - thanks to "CPU-Z") but nowhere did I find the "specifications" of this motherboard with the value "Maximum RAM".

If it's possible...where did you find this information?

Thanks so much, again

Gaimpy

HP Recommended

Those of us who have been doing this for quite a while have developed expertise in using search terms for search engines.

It is in the maintenance & service guide and also at Crucial Memory and many other places.

You could have also used the command line to ask the OS. The downside  of using CMD is that it will not tell you the memory timings and vDIMM  required for your laptop's system board.

HP Recommended

Thank you,

again and again!

I didn't know this method..."every day is a school day"!

Thanks again,

Giampy

HP Recommended

You're very welcome!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.