Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion gaming 15-cx0007nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I just received this new laptop (pavilion gaming 15-cx0007nl) but cannot find anywhere the specs about the maximum memory allowed.

I tried to search in the HP site and run as well the "scan", but it did not work, maybe because my windows is in italian...who knows?

Laptop has now 2x8 gb DDR4 in dual channel.

The motherboard is an HP 8478.

I do not need an upgrade now, but i want to know if it would be possible in the future to purchase 2 x 16 gb banks and therefore increase the memory to 32 gb or if 16 gb is the maximum amount of memory allowed.

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05985643

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1 on pages 1 and 2.

Oficially the notebook is supported by HP for 2 x 8 GB of memory, but others on this forum have installed 32 GB of memory on HP 8th gen core notebooks, where 16 GB was listed as the max, and it worked with no problems.

I don't see why 32 GB wouldn't work in yours as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have now launched hardware info and checked the detail related to the motherboard and the "Physical memory array" under the "memory devices": it says "Memory capacity = 32 GB".

So it should be possible to upgrade it.

Can anyone confirm i am checking in the right place?

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05985643

The memory upgrade info can be found in chapter 1 on pages 1 and 2.

Oficially the notebook is supported by HP for 2 x 8 GB of memory, but others on this forum have installed 32 GB of memory on HP 8th gen core notebooks, where 16 GB was listed as the max, and it worked with no problems.

I don't see why 32 GB wouldn't work in yours as well.

HP Recommended

thank you for your help

HP Recommended

Prego

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.