Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15-cx0139tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the ram max frequency compatible with this model Pavilion Gaming 15-cx0139tx?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your notebook.

HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0139tx Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

See the memory spec...2666 MHz.

See the Intel specs on the processor your notebook has...2666 MHz is the max speed it can run the memory at.

Intel® Core™ i5-8300H Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.00 GHz) Product Specifications

The 3200 MHz memory will work fine...but only at 2666 MHz.

The memory is removable.  See chapter 5 of the service manual for the memory removal and replacement procedure.

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP a...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The fastest speed your notebook's processor can run the memory at is 2666 MHz, so installing any memory faster than 2666 MHz will just run at 2666 MHz anyway.

HP Recommended

Hi, sorry for asking again. I would just like to know where and how did you confirm it.

I search on crucial and it suggests 3200 MHz. (https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/pavilion-gaming-15-cx0139tx). I just wonder if it really can reach 3200MHz, or the thing you said that the max is 2666MHz.

P.S.

Is the original ram in the product also removable? I would like to upgrade 2 sticks of 16Gb 3200MHz, 3200MHz is only available in the store.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your notebook.

HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0139tx Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

See the memory spec...2666 MHz.

See the Intel specs on the processor your notebook has...2666 MHz is the max speed it can run the memory at.

Intel® Core™ i5-8300H Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.00 GHz) Product Specifications

The 3200 MHz memory will work fine...but only at 2666 MHz.

The memory is removable.  See chapter 5 of the service manual for the memory removal and replacement procedure.

HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP a...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.