Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was beyond disappointed when I looked at the bottom of my Pavilion 15. The dimwit, super nerd engineers who designed it used the world's smallest screws! Even my precision screwdrivers are too big!

Even worse, I looked at a how to disassemble video. There are several screws that are hidden UNDER the rubber pads! Who ever designed this, he is dumber than a box of rocks.

And the serial number and so forth are written in MICROFILM! When there is plenty of space to make it readable. This is beyond ridiculous, and the last time I buy a Hewlett Packard computer.

What size screwdriver do I need to get the bottom off? I mean specifically, is it Philips 00, 000 or 0000?

Thank you for your help, Anthony

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Anthony_Starfie Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to know the screwdriver size.

Your model uses the 6.5 mm P1 Phillips-head screws.

You have to purchase the 6.5 mm P1 Phillips-head screwdriver.

Please refer to the below link to open the base cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GhH0zTckuk

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.