Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-e2000 (2K3D8AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, currently my laptop has 256GB of storage and I want to change the disk for a 512GB one, I would like to know what type of NVMe my laptop supports, I see that there is a long and short version of NVMe disks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @rMaticorena 

supports any size of M.2 NVME 2280 3x4 disk, you can put 512, 1 TB, 2 Tb, or more.

- if I can help solve your question or issue, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or click the YES button if my answer was helpful.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @rMaticorena 

supports any size of M.2 NVME 2280 3x4 disk, you can put 512, 1 TB, 2 Tb, or more.

- if I can help solve your question or issue, please click on ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or click the YES button if my answer was helpful.
HP Recommended

The HP Laptop 15-ef2502la typically uses an M.2 NVMe SSD. To determine the exact type and specifications, such as whether it supports PCIe 3.0 or PCIe 4.0, you would need to check the laptop's documentation, the manufacturer's website, or open the laptop to inspect the drive directly. For precise details, it's also helpful to refer to the product's service manual or contact HP support.

HP Recommended

Hi @Michal39 

It is not necessary to do all these steps, you only need to consult the processor specifications on the manufacturer's website.

The generation of the M.2 slot is always determined by the processor, you can't escape that, you can have a PCIe 3 processor, and it can't speed up to a Gen 4 disk ever, it can only go to the speed of a Gen 3 disk.

The processor of this model is as follows

AMD Ryzen™ 3 5300U Drivers

1.jpg

HP Recommended

Ok , thanks its very use full.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.