Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I opened the device manager, under other devices there is an unknown device. I can't get rid of it. How to fix it. I clicked properties and this is what comes up. I cant update the driver as well

in general it says 

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

under hardware ids it says USB\VID_0955&PID_9000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

That device is included as part of your notebook's Nvidia graphics driver.

If you have already installed the latest driver from your notebook's support page, which is this one...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103831.exe

...then see if this works for you...

I have pulled the device driver out of the above driver installation file, zipped it up and attached it below.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the Unknown USB\VID_0955&PID_9000 needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab, click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Sufolders box is checked and the driver should install.

If you are prompted to restart the PC, do so.

Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted.

;; This section enables installing on x64 systems
[NVIDIA.NTamd64]
%NVVAD_WaveExtensible.DeviceDesc%=NVVAD_WaveExtensible64, USB\VID_0955&PID_9000

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

That device is included as part of your notebook's Nvidia graphics driver.

If you have already installed the latest driver from your notebook's support page, which is this one...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103831.exe

...then see if this works for you...

I have pulled the device driver out of the above driver installation file, zipped it up and attached it below.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.  Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the Unknown USB\VID_0955&PID_9000 needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab, click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Sufolders box is checked and the driver should install.

If you are prompted to restart the PC, do so.

Here is a partial copy and paste of the driver setup information file which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted.

;; This section enables installing on x64 systems
[NVIDIA.NTamd64]
%NVVAD_WaveExtensible.DeviceDesc%=NVVAD_WaveExtensible64, USB\VID_0955&PID_9000

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2020-11-01 215052.pngI clicked the link and download that and when I tried to install it, this came up. I'll try the other method you had mentioned 

HP Recommended

I did the other method. It worked. Thanks

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.