Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 17.3" Commercial Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I thought I purchased this laptop with 1TB HDD and the box and instructions says it includes it. The sticker on the keyboard says "Up to 1TB HDD". I can't find the hardware in my device manager. I've already used up the 512 SSD. What gives?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jukebox13

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to find the 1TB hard drive on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the specifications of your computer and see that your computer came with 1TB hard drive and there was no SSD on the computer.

Have you remove the hard drive and installed an SSD?

In case if you have both the hard drive installed, then I recommend you go to disk management and check whether the 1TB hard drive is listed there.

There is how it is done.

Right-click on the My Computer icon and select 'Manage'. In the console tree, click Disk Management. The Disk Management window appears. Your disks and volumes appear in a graphical view and list view.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Fossette,

Thank you for your response. I haven't changed anything on the laptop since I got it from Amazon at

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y2TPCRH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine doesn't show up as "My Computer", but when I go to "This PC" and right-click on "Manage", then "Storage", then "Disk Management", I can see I have 2 partitions aside from the C drive, but basically only 476 GB. (see pic). Laptop Storage partitions.PNG

HP Recommended

@Jukebox13

As per the Amazon link you have shared, the computer comes with a 512GB SSD and there is no SATA hard drive on the computer. The information on the disk management screen is showing correctly as your computer was never shipped with a 1TB SATA hard drive.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.