Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Whether NVMe slot available in motherboard

HP Recommended
HP 14 cm0123au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade/add m.2 nvme ssd drive on my laptop, is it compatible on HP 14 cm0123au? Is the slot compatible?

3 REPLIES 3
Level 17
Level 17
47,869 42,116 4,629 12,308
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

According to the HP Maintenance & Service guide, NVMe, PCIe, SATA3 and NVMe M.2 SSD drives are compatible.

Before pulling the trigger on a purchase, I would open the notebook to take a look and verify that the M.2 slot is present.

I just took a look at the Crucial Memory website.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-14-cm0123au

According to them, there are only SATA3 2.5" SSD drives that are compatible. I would believe I Crucial website.

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

IMG_20201129_192950-min.jpg

 Hello thanks for reply,

Using software,  I check some configuration of laptop, it says something about PCI express 3.0 x4, does that mean it will support NVMe? Or I'm getting it wrong.

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
47,869 42,116 4,629 12,308
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCI express 3.0 x4 is just an indicator of the number of lanes that the PCIe Express slot uses.

I was poking around and found a thread where one of our member HP Experts was asked the very same question.  It does appear that the Maintenance & Service guide is giving conflicting information. 

Crucial Memory states that they guarantee SATA3 SSD as being compatible, not NVMe. I would tend to believe what Crucial memory states over the Maintenance & service Guide. They test what works.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-14-cm0104au

I am not an HP Employee.
Don't forget to click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped. To give a Kudo just click on the

For laptops or desktop PCs, use the Fn+Esc keystroke while logged into Windows to locate the Product number (SKU)
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation