Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-gw0000 Laptop PC (231Q9AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Laptop model is 15S-gr0010AU and serial no. [Personal Information Removed]. I would like to know if I can install SSD in this laptop model. If yes which SSD i should buy. Please advise and help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you look at the illustration in chapter 3, page 32 of the service manual, you can see the location of the M.2 SSD slot with the SSD installed.  Right above the battery where that #3 with the arrow is.

No cable is required but the drive will need a Phillips M2.0 × 2.5 screw that secures the drive to the computer.

Your PC may have one included, it may not.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types.

According to the manual your notebook has a M.2 slot that supports NVMe SSD's.

I recommend the Samsung 980 (not 980 Pro).

HP Recommended

Thanks for saving my day as I was bit confused in choosing the right SSD for this laptop. Just one question can this SSD (Crucial P2 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD- CT50P2SSD8 ) will work on my laptop rather than go for Samsung 980.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The Crucial P2 would work just fine, but it has considerably slower sequential read/write speeds than the Samsung drive has.

HP Recommended

so i was searching for Samsung 980 SSD so come up with 500GB and 250 GB variant.....any idea for this particular Laptop where would be SSD slot and also please let me know if I need some kind of cable as well to connect this SSD

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you look at the illustration in chapter 3, page 32 of the service manual, you can see the location of the M.2 SSD slot with the SSD installed.  Right above the battery where that #3 with the arrow is.

No cable is required but the drive will need a Phillips M2.0 × 2.5 screw that secures the drive to the computer.

Your PC may have one included, it may not.

HP Recommended

i got it where it is and yes no spare screw is included in the PC....any how you helped me a lot with the right information. Thanks a lot for this and god bless you . tk cr have a nice day ahead😊 you are great help today

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

God Bless you too and have a great weekend!

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Sorry for bothering you again but again there is doubt came to buy the right SSD. does my laptop support SATA M.2 SSD or N.V.M.E M.2 SSD bcoz in the manual i am not getting which is the right SSD socket

HP Recommended

Hi:

Chapter 1, page 2 of the manual indicates that NVMe M.2 SSD"s are supported.

So are SATA.  PCIe = NVMe.

Primary storage PCIe, NVMe, M.2 2280 solid-state drives
1 TB, PCIe
512 GB, PCIe
256 GB, PCIe
128 GB, SATA-3, TLC

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.