Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 17-ca0056nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello hubby has this Notebook HP Notebook 17-ca0056nr and I am adding a new HD cause this one has never worked well Has always been extremely slow.

Anyways what RAM will work with this laptop. I want to add  "16" more or replace with a new  ram  of 32gbs.  Which would you recommend doing and which ram works with this NB???  Thanks in advance and have a great  FRIDAY!!!

My Devise HP Manage MY Device | 6NU57UA  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I do not know your skill level but HP has acknowledged you may open the laptop, following the Manual and upgrade storage, memory or the wifi and not jeopardize the warranty as long as you do no damage. Getting the back cover off can be a little tricky and if you have no experience with laptop repair/upgrade you may want to consider having a technician do it but be aware the labor will cost significantly more than the parts. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here's the Service Manual:

Manual 

The laptop has one (1) 8 gig module of DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM and an open slot. Its an AMD A9 processor so max memory is 16 gigs total. In other words, you will max it out by adding a second 8gig DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM. The memory runs at -1866 speed due to hardware limits on the AMD A series platform. 

Look at pp. 36-43 of the Manual for "how to". This module would work fine:

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Single-PC4-19200-SODIMM-260-Pin/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&key...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

In the manual it says "Memory is non-customer accessible/non-upgradeable" Oh no does that mean I can not or does that mean I need a technician to do it?

HP Recommended

I do not know your skill level but HP has acknowledged you may open the laptop, following the Manual and upgrade storage, memory or the wifi and not jeopardize the warranty as long as you do no damage. Getting the back cover off can be a little tricky and if you have no experience with laptop repair/upgrade you may want to consider having a technician do it but be aware the labor will cost significantly more than the parts. 

HP Recommended

I have replaced a HD in an older HP laptop once. Replaced with this one which has never ran as well as the old one. I wont be buying HP's anymore.

This machine is out of warranty. I should have returned it to BB but got busy and thought it was hubby just not knowing what to do.... I will give it a try and see what I can do. Thanks!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.