Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Ok, so unfortunately I went ahead and put the new SSD in (removing the 16GB Optane card). When I booted the laptop, the Intel Storage Management didn’t recognise it, only the SATA drive.

So, with the Optane chip back in, I cannot disable it, and have the following errors as on the photo.

7A50A96F-7E06-4A28-96C6-F010AB5B9BC9.jpeg

2AE4DBD1-25BE-4AED-A257-95AEE1E52946.jpeg

 Bring back IDE and Master / Slave jumpers 😂

Is it worth just sending this SSD back and getting a 2.5” one? 

HP Recommended

Hi:

I don't believe that you need to worry about the Intel RST software anymore after you disabled and removed the Optane memory.

With the M.2 SSD in the PC, can you either clone the drive to the SSD or use the W10 installation media you created to install W10 on the SSD?

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

The option to disable the Optane memory isn’t available, just those two errors. With the new 1TB SSD stick installed, it’s not even picking up the physical hardware. 

HP Recommended

SUCCESS! Of sorts!

I went into Windows partition manager and it said I need to activate the disk drive. Done that, and now it’s saying it’s in Unallocated space, so I’m doing a disk clone on Macrium currently ...

HP Recommended

Sounds like you are definitely on the right track.

If the clone doesn't work, use the cloud recovery tool-generated recovery drive to reinstall W10 on the SSD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.